Date: Monday 21st February 2011
Venue: National e-Science Centre, 15 South College Street, Edinburgh EH8 9AA
Time: 09:30 – 16:00
Both Higher and Further Education institutions are actively engaged in a wide variety of initiatives to enhance Business Performance through the development of Skills and Knowledge. This event will be of interest to anyone in FE/HE with an interest in increasing employer engagement and knowledge exchange.
This free one-day conference is organised by the JISC RSCs in Scotland in partnership with The Higher Education Academy Scotland team to explore how institutions are turning increasingly to technology to provide Business and Employer Engagement solutions. The conference will include a variety of sessions exploring current issues, practical resources and advice in the areas of Business and Employer Engagement. Some of the themes to be explored in the conference include:
- Technological solutions: opportunities and challenges
- Developing the internal strategy: communication, culture, recognition and buy-in
- Relationship management: what are the benefits/the costs?
- People and processes: professional development and skills for engagement
- Student Employability: skills and attributes learners should expect to develop
The conference will provide an opportunity to explore key findings, resources and issues which have arisen during a range of initiatives that both JISC and the Academy have been supporting.
Please do not make any travel bookings until your application has been formally accepted. Please note that online applications will not be accepted after the 15 February 2011. Enquiries should be made directly to our Conference Administrator