Here’s some posts which have caught my attention this week:
- Psychologist: Facebook Makes You Smarter, Twitter Makes You Dumber – September 7, 2009 – Research by Dr Tracy Alloway from the University of Stirling
- Google Wave: 5 Ways It Could Change the Web – September 7, 2009 – A whole section (albeit brief) is devoted to ‘Wave for Education’
- New e-Learning Publications launched at ALT-C – September 7, 2009 – The publicatioons are: Managing Curriculum Change; Responding to Learners; and Learning Literacies in a Digital Age
- T-Mobile introduces first pay-as-you-go Android smartphone, dubbed Pulse – September 3, 2009 – Chuck in some more internal memory and you’ve got a serious competitor for the iTouch. Could be a xmas battle brewing.
- Universities on Twitter: We’ll be brief about this … – Times Online – September 3, 2009 – Not just about marketing: “Lecturers at Sheffield Hallam use Twitter to gather student opinion on lecture halls and study areas.”
- Applications invited for ADM-HEA project funding – September 2, 2009 – The themes are: education for sustainable development; student engagement and quality enhancement and student assessment
- What is the Future of Teaching? – September 1, 2009 – Online apparently (with caveats).
Automatically generated from my Google Reader Shared Items.