The following text arrived in my in box from the ‘Embedding equality and diversity in the curriculum mailing list’ (here’s more info on the project and how to subscribe to mailings) and I thought it was worth sharing. Please note “places are limited to three people from each institution and the workshops are only open to those working at Scottish institutions”
Workshop 1 – 18 February, Scotland’s Colleges, Stirling
Workshop 2 – 9 March, Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh
There is no charge for either workshop.
The HEA and Scotland’s Colleges have organised two workshops as part of the Embedding equality! and diversity in the curriculum programme as an opportunity for practitioners and managers to both share practice and help to shape the future content of the programme.
- to situate the ‘Embedding equality and diversity in the curriculum’ programme within the broader context of the Scottish Funding Council’s equality and diversity framework
- to report on the findings of a survey to identify institutional strengths and achievements, priority areas for development and support needs
- to enable the sharing of practice and identify institutional priorities and support needs
- to discuss strategies for embedding equality and diversity in the curriculum
- to develop a vision for a high quality and inclusive learning experience for all students.
The workshops are aimed at practitioners in HE institutions and colleges with responsibility for curriculum design, delivery and assessment, senior managers with responsibility for the student learning experience, staff and educational developers and those with responsibility for equality and diversity and disability.
Places are limited to three people from each institution and the workshops are only open to those working at Scottish institutions.
More information and booking:
18 February workshop – http://events.scotlandscolleges.ac.uk/events/show/3805
9 March workshop – http://events.scotlandscolleges.ac.uk/events/show/3880