'Make PDF Newspaper' replaces the Make Tabbloid Plugin to automatically create printer friendly 'tabloid' editions of your WordPress blog in an attractive 2 column magazine/newspaper format.
Development of the original plugin has stopped after HP removed API access to their service Tabbloid. The new plugin uses code developed for the Five Filters PDF Newspaper project, which in itself pulls together code from a number of other open source projects including TCPDF,HTML Purifier, SimplePie and SmartyPants
The plugin includes a widget to let you control how you advertise your 'tabloid edition'. You can also choose to display a thumbnail of your custom newsletter (powered by Bluga.net Webthumb) to let your readers see what they are missing.
- NEW Option to generate PDF from externally hosted versions of the Five Filters code (if you are hosting a version of the Five Filters code and would be happy for other people to generate PDFs using it please leave its url in the comments ;-)
- NEW Option to generate PDF editions of selected categories or archives
- PDF generation entirely self-hosted removing reliance on 3rd party services and making it suitable for Intranet installations of WordPress
- Option to include QR codes for each post
- Customisable banner text and logo
- Option to automatically footnote all the links which appear in a post (using tinyurl or bitly to shorten long links)
- Integrated widget to display thumbnail of your publication
- User controlled production of PDF
Any comments or suggestions very welcome.